Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Comics; Action Packed Fun

I found these articles to be some what eye opening. I have always just thought of comics as being easy to create; sort of just throwing captions to little drawings in little boxes. After I read through these articles, I came to realize that it is much much more than just that. You have to actually put work into making a creative, and interesting comic.
I actually have a tiny bit of second hand experience with comic books. My older brother has always been very artistically creative ever since he was able to finger paint. He would literally bring home finger paintings of his kinder garden teacher, that had great detail. But anyway, my brother was always drawing little characters with captions on pretty much all of his papers, bringing a form of life to every paper he touched with his pencil. He actually put together a few comic strips himself over the years, and if I must say so myself, they were pretty awesome. The drawings on each slide were detailed enough that you could almost see movement throughout them. Not only is my brother extremely talented with art, but he has the best sense of humor you can get. His comics literally made whoever read them laugh out loud, and each slide transitioned perfectly to the next, so your eyes just kept flowing through, slide to slide.
Other than my brothers comics, I have never really read a lot of them. Unless you count the Sunday Funnies page.
I liked how in the article "Visual Language: Writing for Comics" the author of the article included steps on how to creatively compose an interesting comic. I found some of them interesting. However, since I really do not plan on writing my own comic anytime soon, the information given was just extremly informing.

No comments:

Post a Comment